You are travelling through a heavily forested area when you hear a commotion up ahead in a nearby clearing.
Roll 1D6 to discover what you find:
- 1 – Wild Boar: There are several Wild Boar charging through the woods. While too dangerous to approach, any Warriors armed with missile weapons may make a single To Hit roll, deducting -1 from their score. A hit indicates that they have managed to bring one of the great beasts down, and may skin and gut it for it’s pelt (worth 50 Gold in any Settlement) and it’s meat (add 1D6 provisions to their record sheet).
- 2 – Wild Deer: A herd of deer are racing away from something unseen, directly towards your Warriors! A Warrior may make a single To Hit roll (at -1 To Hit) using their Ballistic Skill characteristic if they are armed with missile weapon, or a make single close combat attack against an opponent with Weapon Skill 5 if not. A hit indicates that they have managed to bring one of the deer down, and may butcher it for meat (add D3+1 Provisions to their record sheet).
- 3 – Hare: Frightened by a predator in the undergrowth, a brace of hares bolt pas the Warriors. Starting with the Warrior with the highest Initiative and working down to the lowest, a Warrior may make a single To Hit roll (at -1 To Hit) using their Ballistic Skill characteristic if they are armed with missile weapon. A hit indicates that they have managed to catch a hare, and may butcher it for meat (add 1 Provision to their record sheet).
- 4-5 – Stag: You spy a majestic stag drinking from a stream nearby. Nominate one Warrior to fire their missile weapon at the stag, and make one To Hit roll. A hit indicates that the the stag has been fatally wounded, and can be slaughtered for D3 + 3 provisions. If the Warrior misses, then the stag bolts and the opportunity is lost.
- 6 – Quarg: The mythical Quarg is fleeing some hunters through the woods. The Warriors may combine their efforts to kill it. Any Warriors armed with missile weapons may make one To Hit roll using their Ballistic Skill value (at -1 To Hit); if two or more Warriors manage to hit the beast then they manage to kill it and may sell it’s pelt in the next Town or City they find for 1000 Gold (split evenly through the party). Unfortunately, the Quarg is too far away to use anything other than a missile weapon.